The list of changes in Minecraft 1.16.200 for Android is quite impressive, but in many respects it affected Windows 10. As we know, Minecraft developers strive to bring all versions to parity, so that soon there will be similar changes for mobile devices.
RenderDragon: New Graphics Engine
This engine has now become available on Windows 10, previously it has already been added to xBox and PlayStation. It makes it much easier for developers to add new graphical features to Minecraft, such as graphical rendering and ray tracing. We expect the introduction of a similar engine for mobile devices (tablets and phones).
Ray tracing in Minecraft
For ray tracing to work, you need a graphics card that supports RTX. What ray tracing gives:
- The ability to completely change the look of the game.
- An additional feature for map creators.
Since these moments are not important for Android players, we did not translate all the features, but you can read about them here… And for the creators of textures and resource packs, documentation is available: for textures, for resource packs.
Minecraft and OpenXR
Minecraft 1.16.200 brings us closer to virtual reality, so now mixed virtual reality Windows MR and full Oculus VR are available. Naturally, this is also for Windows 10, but you can start the game in OpenXR mode through the command: minecraft: // mode /? OpenXR = true – from this url you can make a shortcut on the desktop and start the game with OpenXR right away. There is still the possibility of launching through the mixed reality portal, as well as through the Oculus store.
New in Minecraft 1.16.200
Vanilla parity and fixes
- Basalt can no longer be destroyed by Gast’s fireballs.
- Basalt blocks now take slightly longer to disintegrate.
- Dragon Egg will now always drop as an item.
- Right-clicking a snow block with a shovel no longer breaks the snow block.
- The grass path can now be shoved through dirt, podzol, mycelium, coarse dirt and grass
- Netherite armor now absorbs damage by 90%.
- Bees’ flying distance from the hive is now limited to 22 blocks.
The list is unusually long, but we have tried to highlight the most interesting and useful.
Stability and performance:
- Increased loading speed of chunks when flying on elytra.
- A large number of scheduled instant updates no longer crashes Minecraft.
- Fixed crashes of the game when passing through the portal in creative mode.
- An issue has been fixed that caused some mobile devices to lose sound after pausing and resuming Minecraft.
- Fixed mobs and other entities freezing and losing sync with their bodies.
- Residents will no longer steal workstations from each other.
- Mobs no longer randomly attack and follow their targets.
- Piglins that are close to each other can no longer pick up the same item if it falls between them.
- Mobs no longer appear in Wither Roses.
- Mobs will not jerk back and forth if there is not enough room for them.
Reading from the screen:
- Fixed a bug due to which the screen reader did not read the screen title.
- Fixed a bug due to which the screen reader did not read the shortcut button on the pause screen.
- Fixed an issue where Screen Reader did not read the screen title and shortcut buttons on the game invite screen.
- Fixed an issue where Screen Reader would not read the title on Profile and Character Editing screens.
- Fixed incorrect numbering of buttons on the pause screen when using text-to-speech.
- Emotion wheel now supports screen reading.
- Fixed a screen reader so that messages with controller icons on the chat screen read correctly.
- Fixed death messages.
- The font color “Classic Controls – Intense” now matches the color of the surrounding text in the VR Controls menu.
- Preview items in the crafting grid now have a different background color depending on the item’s inventory.
- In the player permissions menu, it is again possible to navigate with the controller regardless of the player’s permission level.
- Button [X] in chat settings is no longer displayed when using a controller.
- The profile screen has been improved, now characters are visible and can be selected or changed as soon as they are loaded
- Loading screen tips no longer display “tips.game.62” (no ID)
- ‘/ Playsound’ commands now play sound correctly for all players in range.
- The duration of the ‘/ effect’ command is now limited to 1,000,000 seconds (MCPE-92916).
- Add area commands with the same checkbox now prevent adding areas with the same name twice